In the spirit of overeating, here are 10 ways to avoid the results of excessive engorgement.
10. Eat Less! Yes, eating less can almost (almost, I say) guarantee that you will not put on that excessive weight during the holidays. But is that any fun? No, not at all. So, onto number…
9. Take a picture of what you are eating and send it out to the facebook world. Not only will this make you analyze what you are eating before you eat, it will allow the thousands of people who hang on your every post to also analyze your eating habits and give constructive feedback. Only rule, you gotta do it with everything you eat. No picking and choosing. Have fun!
8. Eat everything… in very small portions. Yes, their is literally a smorgasbord of options out there during the holidays. One thing I have realized as I have aged is that I cannot eat endlessly like I could before. This has turned me onto a rather ingenious discovery. I can still experience everything by only eating very little of each. Try it!
7. Put on your “small” pants to every holiday get together.
6. Perfect the art of the tactful ‘decline’.
5. Exercise before AND after dinner.
4. Instead of soda or egg nog or (put in drink of choice), choose water.
3. Have a recording go off each time you look in the mirror that says, “how much did you eat again?”
2. Choose things that you can eat while chewing gum.
1. It’s the holidays! Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow the gym will open… Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!